Wednesday, December 1, 2010

30 weeks.

Here I am at almost 31 weeks! Only about 9.5 to go...crazy. I have about 5 minutes to write this post so I better make this quick.
Thanksgiving was awesome and I can't believe how much I fit inside my already full belly :) My Mom makes the best food in the world and it was really great to be with family. We had a skype date with Al so we were able to see her sweet face too. Bunny made a yummy birthday cake for Andrew and we had fun celebrating with him. Once things died down a little we looked through our old baby books. My Mom did a great job of journaling and saving precious mementos for us to look back on and we laughed at a lot of the things she wrote (especially about me!). It was weird to see how much bean looks like I did as a baby from her 3d ultra sound! My Grandma gave us an awesome baby book for her and we can't wait to start writing in it, although I think we're saving that for one of our labor projects. More on that later.

Jenni did an amazing job with my shower! She had everything planned out perfectly and it was so nice to see all my friends who gathered together in my honor. I just can't wait until they start having babies too :) She made some delicious food-a baked caramel french toast, egg dish, lemon crumble muffins, punch, fruit salad, and yellow cake! Thank you Jenni for all the hard work and preparation you put into showering me with baby love :) Here are some pictures. I stole most of these from Jenni.
I've been a little stressed lately due to work. To make a long, painful story short- our firm is moving offices. We sublease with another firm who is expanding, and notified us that they need some of the offices we occupy by January 1. We've known for about 2 weeks now, but it still only gives us a little over a month to find a solution. So, we're building an office space in another building downtown (fingers crossed, pending a meeting today). For now we're moving one lawyer out by January 1 to work from home until we can move entirely. We won't actually be moving until sometime this late winter/spring, but a lot of stuff needs to get accomplished before I am on maternity leave because I take care of well, everything! I won't go in to details but let's just say its been a challenging few weeks. So now I am working like crazy to try and get a list of items done that I want to complete before I leave (things that don't need to be done until mid-leave but I don't want my fill-in to have to worry about), compiling training materials, actually training Katie, and now all the moving arrangements. I'm in charge of everything-from furniture to light switches to paint colors to purchasing a copier, fax, entire phone system, internet and server procedures, etc. That's all on top of the things I need to get done every day like invoicing/billing, engagement letters, schedulings, etc. Whew! I am so glad I am off until July....now if I could only start my leave! I'll write more when I have time. Pray for me!

No comments:

Back to TOP