Thursday, January 21, 2010

Thoughts on Thursdays

Actions speak louder than words.

If there's any phrase I learned growing up that stands true the first is that talk is cheap, and the second is that actions really do speak louder than words. I find that it's so easy to use words to make promises, but they don't really amount to anything if they aren't backed up by action. In relationships I think love is a verb. It's so easy to say "I love you" to your spouse, but it takes a lot more work to show someone you love them. One of the greatest examples is the story of God loving us so much, that he sent Jesus to die for our sins. He didn't just say He loved us-he physically showed the world by sacrificing His only Son. In my opinion, love and action go hand in hand. It isn't just something we say, it's something we do. Love can diluted by empty words, but when backed up with demonstration it can be unbelievably powerful. I have to continuously challenge myself to remember this.

Romans 12:10 Be devoted to one another. Honor one another above yourselves.

No comments:

Back to TOP