Thursday, January 21, 2010

It's already Thursday?

....we've been nesting all week. We've done absolutely nothing but curl up at home for the past 8 days. Ok, so we've done some things. We made it to the gym a few times, and we did go to work, but for the most part we've been hibernating. Sorry about the lack of posting all week. Winter steals my motivation. I had a lovely morning today-I had to pick up mom & al to drop them off at the airport at 12:30, so I didn't go into work until this afternoon (and as you can see, I'm already being very productive!). I slept in, read all morning, and then eventually made my way to my favorite grocery store Trader Joe's. What a treat it was for me to have the time to wander through the aisles, brainstorming healthy concoctions for meals for the hubs and I. It sure beats rushing to grab everything and fighting the crowds after work or on the weekend. We've been doing really good lately eating fresh foods and making healthy choices. It feels awesome! I'll share some of my favorite recipes soon. Bunny got me a subscription to the Taste of Homes healthy cooking magazine which I absolutely love. It has really tasty recipes.

Last Friday I started off the weekend with twilight yoga, my favorite yoga class. I hadn't been in awhile and my muscles were not ready for such strenuous work. Man was I sore on Saturday! This Friday Jay & I are having a tv series marathon with The Office. We have a special treat planned since we've been good all week and I can't wait to lay around the house. The rest of the weekend is busy busy so it will be nice to spend another night relaxing.

Winter has got me in a funk. It didn't help that I just sent my family off to Florida. Yes, the sunshine state. And they get to see my Florida family which makes me even more jealous. I think all the traveling and whirlwind of the holidays is finally hitting us-we don't even want to drive to the movies after work =) I have a feeling for the next month or so we'll be extreme home bodies!

No comments:

Back to TOP