Thursday, January 14, 2010

Thoughts on Thursdays

I am excited to share that Jay and I are being featured on Meet the Newlyweds over at the Newlyweds blog. We were sent some fun interview questions to fill out and were chosen for today's spotlight. Go check out the interview for a little more about hubby and I! Sweet Pea runs a fun blog filled with recipes/cooking challenges, Meet the Newlywed series, gardening tips, and ways to save money. Check it out!

Funny that we were chosen for today's feature {originally it was set for February but moved up}....9 years ago today we officially became a couple. Yes, hubby had the nerves to finally ask me out {took him f-o-r-e-v-e-r} on January 14th, 2001. Best decision he ever made ;) In honor of the day {I can remember it like it was yesterday!!} I am sharing some very old pictures of us through the years. Feel free to get a good ol' laugh, we're happy to supply the fuel!
This image was taken mid-snowball fight during the winter of 2001. We look like babies.
This was our senior prom picture. It was the day after my 18th birthday.
This is from junior year {I think} of college, a visit at the cabin.
This was from our senior year of college, just a few months before he proposed.

It's bizarre to think that I married my junior & senior year prom date from high school. I'm old. Love you babo!

7 comments:

Jenna @ Newlyweds said...

How neat Happy 9 years, you two are just too cute!

Thanks for the interview it was lots of fun.

Abbey said...

aww thanks Jenna! and thanks for the feature =)

Robyn said...

These are such sweet pictures! Congratulations! What was your prom theme? It looks like fun. :o)

Abbey said...

I think it was "a night with the stars" not sure if I remember that correctly though!!

Abbey said...

and thanks Robyn! =)

Robyn said...

These are so cute Abbey. I love seeing you two so young! Thanks for sharing and congrats on the feature!

tootie said...

What a sweet story! And your blog is so cute!

Back to TOP