Monday, January 11, 2010

Winter blues

The winter blues have officially hit me. It's been too cold this week and I'm feeling a little stir crazy. Plus it's Monday and they are always a little gloomy. This picture says it all. Except I am less glamourous. Much less.
So, here are some pick me-ups that make me feel better:
Acoustic sunset. Oh. my. goodness. Every weeknight at 8:40pm cities 97 plays the cities samplers on shuffle for an hour. It's an entire hour of acoustic music. I'm working on a new project and I love to turn it on and cuddle up in bed while I work. Probably my favorite part of my day. It's heavenly.
Flannel sheet set from Target. We have the brown set with shades of baby blue snowflakes.We got them on sale for $13 before the Holidays and they are amazing! so soft and comfy. Oh, the simple things in life.

Eating healthy. One of my best friends is a nutrition counselor, and she got together with Jenni and I to help teach us about current nutrition. I've been eating 5 smaller meals a day and it's made a world of difference. I sleep better, I feel rested, and I have more energy. It's the next step towards a healthier, less cluttered lifestyle for us.
The playoffs. Whether the Vikes advance or not, there is definetly a lot of excitement in the air. The playoffs match up some of the best NFL teams so they are usually really fun, competitive games to watch. There is nothing better than curling up on the couch or bed to watch a good football game on Sunday afternoons. I'm already nervous for this Sunday.
Good winter tv. It's so nice to have something to look forward to at night and it helps the week pass by. Mondays are easier to get through now that the bachelor is on, and other shows that we like are american idol and glee. It's fun to watch something and enjoy it together.
glee. Yes, this deserves a category of it's own. glee is a perfect mix of drama, romance & comedy and it's totally a guilty pleasure. I love it. We've been watching the re-runs.

Tv series on dvd. There's something about being able to watch a few episodes {or more!} at a time. Right now we really like The Office. We just started watching it this year, and I was able to score all the seasons for Jay for Christmas for under $50. Thank you, black friday! There's nothing like a good movie/series marathon when it's too cold to go outside!
Travel plans. We have a small excursion planned for Valentine's Day, and a bigger summer excursion to Spain. We are getting together with our travel companions for Spain this week so warm weather activities are on the brain. Right now the top two are riding horses on the beach and taking flamenco dancing lesson. Somehow, just the thought of roaming the streets of Spain in a few months with my husband makes the colder months seem not so bad ;)

Tonight Jay is playing hockey with some friends so I have a free night to do whatever I please. That sounds amazing right about now =)

3 comments:

Robyn said...

Looooooooooooooooooooooooooove glee. I bought the soundtrack on iTunes -- I was trying to keep from spending money on iTunes, but I just . . . had to . . . have it! Hahaha. :o)

ajs {of MN} said...

I just have to comment... I also looOOOoooooooOOvE GLeeeeeeee! What a great great great show!
p.s. we also have the Target snowflake flannels (i also got them for CHEAP CHEAP) but that was last year!! they last a very long time- love them too! great post.

Abbey said...

Glee is soooo amazing!!! so glad it won a golden globe last night.

Back to TOP