Potato gnocchi with red sauce
When Monica and I visited Italy, this was my absolute favorite dish. We visited this small town called Cortona where they filmed Under The Tuscan Sun, and I still remember the spicy gnocchi I had there. It was unbelievably delicious and the best meal I have ever had. The recipe below is from Taste of Home healthy cooking.
1 cup mashed potato flakes
1 cup boiling water
1 egg, beaten
1 1/2 cups floor
1/2 tsp. dried basil
1/4 tsp. garlic powder
1/8 tsp. salt
1/8 tsp. pepper
6 cups water
Pasta sauce of your choice
Grated parmesan cheese, optional
1 & 1/2 cups (calculated without sauce and cheese) equals about 250 calories. Place the potato flakes in a large bowl. Stir in boling water and add egg. Stir in flour and seasonings. On a lightly floured surface, knead 10-12 times forming a soft dough. Divide dough into four portions. On a floured surface, roll each portion into 1/2 inch thick ropes. Cut into 3/4 inch pieces. Press and roll each piece with a lightly floured fork. In a large saucepan, bring water to a boil. Cook gnocchi for 30-60 seconds or until they float. Remove with a slotted spoon. Serve with sauce and cheese.
Here is a delicious recipe that I created.
1 cup of shredded chicken or tuna (whichever you like best)
1 tablespoon of fresh cilantro
1 tablespoon of honey-dijon mustard-we use French's
1 teaspoon of smoked tabasco sauce
1/4 cup of lowfat mozarella cheese
Mix all the ingredients and stuff them into peppers. Top with a sprinkle of cheese and place in the oven at 350 for 15 minutes, or until the cheese on top turns golden brown. So fast, easy and delicious! 1 pepper equals about 250 calories.
1 comment:
Ooooohhhh!!! Gnocchi is delicious! Thanks for posting this recipe - it really does look scrumptious!
Post a Comment