Wednesday, May 6, 2009
Signs of Comfort
As I sit outside on the mall, I see a pair of young people-young love. Their legs are tangled together and their fingers are intertwining. They are turned towards each other & looking at one another but not speaking. They do this for several more moments and then start giggling, still staring at the other. I love this-not only because it's refreshing and innocent but it's comforting-it reminds me of the way we sometimes act....giddy & childish together. To the left of the love birds are three homeless men sitting on the floor and singing "This little light of mine" acapella. Even though they have ratty clothes & look like they haven't showered in weeks, they are beautiful. The sound coming from their lips is so compelling I am transfixed on listening to them. They making harmonizing seem easy. A few steps away a man is sketching a scene of downtown in his sketchbook. He is pausing & smiling at the singing men. Signs of comfort.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
How beautiful.
Post a Comment