Monday, May 11, 2009

Re-Connected

I've been so busy lately that I need to get re-connected. Last week we got a start on our vegetable garden (building it that is) & it is looking great! We took some rocks from the huge rockpile in the center of our townhome neighborhood and they are perfect for what we had pictured for our garden. We need to gather a few more & then fill it with soil and we will be ready! I'll try & get some pictures of it later this week.

We've decided that Vegas is a definite yes! We are going this summer or fall for sure. I have two weeks of paid vacation left to use, so this summer is going to be awesome! My vacation starts over in the end of August. We are thinking of taking one day off & leaving on a Thursday night. It will kind of be a "mini vacation" since our Anniversary trip is coming up in June. It's perfect because the flights/packages are super cheap to Vegas, most of the ones we are looking at are around $300-350 a person for flights & hotel. Right now we are looking at staying in Paris, which we have heard really good things about. But if anyone has any suggestions, please send them our way!! This will be our first time in Las Vegas so we don't know a lot about it. Tips on places to stay, or things to do are welcome :) I love that this whole trip is totally spur of the moment! Jay has a game tonight & then a baseball meeting so I have the evening to myself...but don't worry I have a list a mile long of things to get done! First things first, I'm going to start shredding. The 30-day Shred that is. By Jillian Michaels of course! I've decided I want to lose 10 pounds by June 10th (the day we leave for our trip) I'm hoping this will be the path that will take me to that weight-loss! I love all of her programs & I have no doubt it will kick my butt. Other than that-I really need to figure out a way to organize my jewelry better....so maybe I will take a stab at that tonight during dancing with the stars! I also have a big ol' gift card to use at borders, so maybe that will be my destination. The last thing I definetly need to accomplish tonight is our meal calendar. We are planning out our meals for the next few weeks thanks to the awesome cook book my Grandparents gave me for my birthday. It's all healthy living so it will be great with my shred. That's step one (the calendar) step 2 is getting to the grocery store-and that is definetly not happening tonight! Maybe tomorrow when Jay can go with me. So many possibilities of what to do for the evening!

No comments:

Back to TOP