Wednesday, May 6, 2009
Eat, Pray, Love
Now this was an interesting book for me, I hated it & I loved it. Basically it's about a woman in her thirties who realizes one day that her life is not satisfying, and starts out on a journey to find herself & God. She travels to Italy, India & Indonesia on a whim. She meets many interesting people & experiences life-changing moments. I love the part about her travels, & coming to love & accept herself. I think we've all been on a similar journey (although maybe not so many miles from home). I loved her free spirit & admired her ability to be able to drop everything & leave for a year. In that way I could completely relate to her. But-there is a basic underlying principle in Christianity that Jesus is the only path to God and eternal life, & she does not believe this. She believes there are many paths to God & practices several different religious ceremonies and rituals on her way to finding inner peace. Those parts were harder for me to swallow, but I could still appreciate the happiness she was finding. I found myself routing her on, I wanted her to find what she was looking for & finally find peace. I know what it's like to have inner turmoil. At times I found it a little slow-last Monday I finished the Book Thief, so it took me a week to read. If it's a good book I can fly through it. Overall though it was a feel-good, interesting read.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment