Tuesday, March 10, 2009

A little direction..

I came across this website where you can take a short quiz to help you determine what your home decorating style is. This was really helpful for me because it put into words (and pictures) what my style looked like. It gave me a little direction so I am hoping it can help someone else who wants to decorate efficiently in their home! My personal decorating style was a 50/50 mix between "Rustic Revival" and "Modern Elegance" and a little bit of "French Eclectic" mixed in. I totally agree. For those of you who don't know what Rustic Revival is (I had no clue) here is a definition:

You can take kid out of the country but you can't take the country out of the kid... or is your theme "you can take the kid out of the city, but you can't take the city out of the kid?". Either way you play it, you are one of the unique individuals who loves a mix of modern and country. The clean lines of the modern softened by rustic/vintage elements is the perfect mix in your mind. And can we blame you? You've taken the best aspects of two popular designs and mixed them in a manner that appeals to young and old alike. A subtle background of white or light colors provides a nice canvas for all the wonderful flea market, eBay, or garage sale finds as well as the classic modern pieces that you love. French Eclectic somehow manages to be both formal & casual, classy and unassuming at the same time. You like your spaces to feel inviting from the moment you (or your guest) opens the front door & this feeling should continue even after you've entered your most formal room. Here are a few example pictures of my style:





























This is totally me!! I love love love the clean, modern look but don't have much of it currently in my home (it's expensive!) but I love mixing in rustic and vintage elements that give a room character. Too much modern elements make a home seem too formal and stiff, but I love a sophisticated and vintage mixture. I tend to gravitate towards neutral colors for the majority of the room, with a splash of color here and there. I am so impressed with this quiz because I often find it hard to put my style into words, and they did a great job! Now if I can only implement it in our home :)

No comments:

Back to TOP