Here are some updated pictures of a part of our room.

We loved how detailed our photographer was. She captured moments in pictures I never even knew existed! Jenny was amazing. We picked out two pictures to be our "centerpiece" of this arrangement. We highlighted a few of our favorite moments. One of my absolute favorite pictures from our wedding day is the one of Jay touching his ring.


I don't know why but that image touched my heart, it was the first time he'd ever worn a ring on that finger-he was just putting it on. Since we had a picture of Jay's hand/ring, we thought it would be cool to also frame one of mine. So he picked out the picture of my hands. It may seem weird that we choose to blow up detailed pictures, but we love that they are so beautiful and they are personal wall art, instead of framing a random piece of art that has no personal connection. This was the runner-up for my picture:


Inside the large shadow box is my favorite picture of my Grandparents taken inside a photo booth. In the bottom of the box is Bunny's pearl and diamond bracelet that she gave me to wear in our wedding. The other earrings are mine. The smaller shadow box holds a few important and meaningful keys from our past--My favorite childhood home where we first started dating, the key to Justin’s old chevy truck...the trusty rusty that would drive us on all of our high school dates, and the key to our first home together. The picture on the top left is my Grandma on her wedding day. Beneath that is a chinese proverb quote that we liked. We choose white frames, although it may seem stark-it stands out great and looks very clean. It also matches the tones and shades of white and cream in the rest of our room. It took me awhile to come up with the arrangement on the wall...and I'm glad I decided to stagger the pictures at uneven heights. I like that they aren't even and I think it gives the arrangement a little flair.
We finally received Jay's family pictures taken by a photographer in Missouri over Thanksgiving this weekend. I've been begging for him to get a hold of them because he's really bad at getting/finding/taking family photos. So we literally have no pictures of the Feldkamp family in our house and I've really been wanting some! So we got a few of the proofs and need to get copies of them to put up...so I'm hoping this weekend while he's gone I will be able to make some progress on that. We have made so many changes and done a lot of work but I need to sort through and find pictures so I can post them. Look for more posts this weekend when I have more time (Jay leaves Thursday for Salt Lake City!)

No comments:
Post a Comment