Monday, March 9, 2009

Daylight savings time is making me tired :) we had so much fun planned this weekend that I kept waking up early too, so I am really behind on my sleep! Friday night dinner at Forepaugh's was excellent. We had Grape Leaf Wrapped Goat Cheese for an appetizer (yum!), a classic Waldorf salad, and then our main entree. I had seared scallops in garlic cream sauce. Jay had Pork tenderloin. After dinner we went home and hung out at the house. We were going to open a bottle of wine but we were so stuffed from dinner! Saturday morning we went to the gym and then I headed to Amy's shower. After the shower I went out to dinner with my girlfriends and we had fun visiting and catching up....we are all so busy now!

Sunday morning we had plans to try the new Mexican restaraunt at the Mall of America called Cantina. It was sooooo good! Everything was flavorful and fresh. Jay got steak tacos and I got Swiss Enchiladas. They were Chicken enchiladas, served over a bed of homemade tomatillo sauce. Topped with Monterey Jack, Oaxaca cheese, onions, & sour cream...they were amazing! They are probably the best enchiladas I've ever had. The restauraunt itself was pretty authentic-I know the enchiladas were. We've tryed many, many Mexican places before too because it's one of our favorites. We highly recommend it!! The rest of the afternoon was a blast-we just bummed around together, doing nothing really. We shopped at the mall a little, and then we stopped at ikea on the way home to get the finishing touches for our room makeover. When we got home we took a nap and watched tv. It was sooo nice to be lazy and have nothing going on for once!

Tonight Jenni invited me over to make me dinner and have some wine. I'm so excited! The premiere of Dancing With The Stars is on so we are going to watch that too. It was just the invite I needed on a Monday morning....ick I did not want to get out of bed!!!

No comments:

Back to TOP