When I reflect back on our 2010, I find it hard to appreciate or put into words all of our accomplishments. I think it's safe to say, for obvious reasons, that this has been the biggest year of our life so far. Clearly, there are big things to come in 2011, but not without the events that took place in 2010. Jay and I were able to really focus on each other and enjoy each other as a couple, secretly knowing that in the coming months/year we'd be adding to our little family. We've always been good at making a point to get out and have date nights, but we also wanted to travel as much as possible in our last year as a family of 2. We visited Seattle, Boston, France, Florida, and Colorado all in one year. We also snuck in a few trips to our favorite bed & breakfast for relaxation together, and of course our annual trip up north over the 4th of July.
In the late spring we decided it was time for some tiny footsteps in our house, and just a short while later {may 22nd to be exact} we learned we were expecting our first baby. We made the announcement a few months later when we returned from France.
For our second Anniversary we decided not to exchange gifts, but instead get away for the weekend together. I remember rushing home from work so we could get on the road and get our vacation started. When I arrived home I walked upstairs to gather my things when something caught my eye on the nursery door. There was a card taped to it. The card read:
Someday, many years from now, we'll look back on this crazy time in our life together and wonder how we did it all...and then, those ordinary, everyday moments that we often take for granted will shimmer like stars as we recount them...I'll sit close beside you, you'll take my hand in your. We'll look at each other and say: I'd do it all again and I wouldn't change a thing. There's no one I'd rather go through life with than you.
I stepped inside to find the entire nursery {which was empty that morning} completely filled and set-up....crib, changing table, everything. Instant tears. It was such a special moment for me and one that I will cherish forever. I love my husband.
In August we packed up and sent my baby sister to college in Tallahassee, Florida. She is doing well in the school of biology and on track to become a dentist with honors. Go Noles!
I'd be foolish not to recognize that September 7th was a day that changed our life. It was the day we found out we were having a baby girl. I am still in awe that we are blessed with a little girl.
2010 was also a fantastic year for us financially. I was blessed with a thriving photography business and a solid year of bookings which allowed us to pay off almost all of our student debt. We have a few measly thousand left until we are debt-free, and we plan to finish paying that off in early 2011.
2010 was a year of growth for us, in more ways than one. We are so thankful for our Creator and all the amazing things he has blessed us with, but most of all-a solid relationship with Him. My prayer is that we stay focused on him in 2011. Through Him our blessings overflow.
"I have told you these things so that in me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world." John 16:33
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Praise God!
I've enjoyed reading about your journey over the last year, and I'm excited to see what God has in store for you in 2011.
Post a Comment