Monday, December 20, 2010

Overwhelmed and thankful.

I'll admit it, I'm totally slacking at work this morning. I can't help it-there are white flurries whirling outside my window and I'm counting down the minutes until my mom, sister & brother arrive to go view the Macy's Christmas display and then have a fancy lunch together. It's days like these that I LOVE working downtown. Work has been so crazy lately that I'm starting to get very distracted and just tired of working. That or the nesting stage is kicking in where I can only focus on one thing at a time ;) I can't believe this week is Christmas!

This weekend was full of blessings! We hosted Christmas at our house for the first time and had Jay's mom stay with us. His brother and girlfriend came too. We cooked our very first big holiday meal and we even decorated gingerbread houses. We mainly just stayed home and visited together, played games, and watched Christmas movies. It was fun and we love spending time with family.

We also had our last shower, and this baby girl is sooooo lucky and loved. We got a lot of the major items left on our registry plus some very thoughtful and fun extras {we got TWO handmade knit/crochet blankets, so awesome!}. Among the larger items were our carseat, stroller, diaper genie, boppy, and a play gym. I feel really good about where we are at and am starting to feel prepared, which is always a good thing! I think there were around 25 people there and I felt like I got to visit with each guest {even for a short time} which was nice-I was very thankful that they could make it so close to the holidays. My sister took pictures so when I get them from her I will share some!

This is just the most magical time of the year! Cheesy, I know...but there is just something in the air. I have really enjoyed just being able to spend time with the ones I love while it's so cold outside. We are lucky to have everyone live so close. We'll get a chance to see Jay's family before Christmas and then head to Bunny and Papa's on Christmas Eve morning. I am feeling so overwhelmed with generosity in my life lately-and I honestly would not care if I didn't get one present this Christmas. Christmas is not about presents and lights and holly to us, it's about celebrating the birth of Jesus and just being with those we love dearly. We've been given so much and have so much love and support surrounding us that we are eternally grateful and thankful. It just so happens that this baby's arrival coincides with the holiday season so we are extra blessed, and also very spoiled. We could never truly express the gratitute we feel for those in our lives! I also have to share my gratitude for my precious husband. He's so kind and loving and has been so amazing throughout my pregnancy. I really cherish coming home each night and being able to have quality alone time with him, because I know that things will get crazy once bean is born. The love I have for him has completely changed and only gotten stronger since we've become parents. I can't wait to share this holiday season with him!


I'm working until Wednesday and then am off until the 29th...have a safe and blessed Christmas with your loved ones!

1 comment:

Between3Sisters.com said...

And to add another happy blessing to your list, did you see you won the Lowe's giftcard giveaway? :) If you email us your address we'll get it to you shortly after Christmas... between3sisters@gmail.com

Merry Christmas, Abbey!

Back to TOP