To Grandmother's house we go! I don't know about you, but I grew up living for the weekends that we would get to go to Grandma's. As a little girl there was nothing better than packing my OWN suitcase and hopping in the car, just imagining what was in store for me on the way there. Usually it involved "messin' around" shopping trips with my Papa where he would let us each pick out whatever we wanted at the store; art projects with Bunny that stimulated our creative minds, games, special meals, prayers, back rubs and the snack pack. Each night after we were tucked in bed by Bunny, Papa would sneek in with the "snack pack" and we would each get to pick out a treat. It was a little black bag that was filled to the brim with all sorts of candy and chocolate. It was pretty much the best thing ever. Then he would give us each a back rub until we were almost asleep. Bunny would always pretend she had no idea we did this each night, but now I am wiser...it was Papa's special time with us and he loooved (still does!) to spoil us. Every trip there was sort of a little magical, and although I'm 25 I have to admit...it still is.
We are heading down after work and I am excited to see what's in store for us. We have the same little traditions we like to do when we get down there (have to go to BB's pizza, hobby lobby, and our favorite thrift stores!!) and I'm almost certain we'll create some sort of project. I have one more idea in the works for the nursery and I'm hoping to accomplish that this weekend. Other than that I am looking forward to visiting with some of my favorite people dear to my heart. Have a good weekend everyone! xoxo
Friday, November 5, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment