Laying on that table, the world stood still. I couldn't tear my eyes away from that beautiful little bouncing baby on the ultrasound screen, hands around her face and feet wiggling up and down. It wasn't until my husband squeezed my toes with a huge grin on his face that I realized I was in fact still mid-anatomy scan. "Are you serious?" were the words that first responded. When our tech confirmed that yes, she was serious we were having a baby girl...I almost couldn't believe it. I was so completely shocked, and I don't know why-because there are only two choices of sex, so it was a 50/50 chance. But to hear those amazing words, "It's a girl" literally stopped my world. To actually know the sex of our baby was unreal. "That is awesome, did you hear that Jay?" was all I could say as tears blurred my vision of our precious little bean-ette.
We walked out of that appointment in complete awe of God. How amazing that he chooses each and every baby individually, and this was the child he chose for us. We talked about how glad we were that we didn't get the choice, because it was that much more special. That he would gift us with this baby girl was unimaginable to us-how could we deserve this amazing gift? We sure are thankful and counting our blessings. I haven't felt a high like this since the day we were engaged, and then again the day we married.
Earlier that morning we had planned on getting up and having breakfast together before our big appointment. Naturally I was so excited that I couldn't sleep, so we woke up a little early. We just kept grinning at each other, today was the day! We were so excited. Jay got up to let Nemo out and I turned to lay on to my side. Almost instantly, it happened. I felt little flutters of movement and small pokes on my belly. I put my hand on my stomach and felt our baby kick for the very first time. They felt like the tiniest little feet but there they were, kicking my side and wiggling around saying, "I'm here Mama!!" Hands down one of the most amazing things I've ever experienced. I called for Jay to come feel, but of course she stopped as soon as his hand replaced mine....little stinker. I can't wait to catch her in action again so he can feel her kick. She's pretty active tonight too but daddy is at softball right now! A few months ago, while dancing together at a wedding, Jay had told me he wanted to have a little girl, because he wanted a baby that looked like me. He nodded towards a daddy dancing with his baby girl and said I want to dance with our little girl like that. It was the cutest thing ever, and sparked my excitement towards having a girl. Needless to say, we have not stopped smiling all day. I think it's safe to say that this day ranks up at the top of the best days of our life.
Last night we prayed together for our appointment and most of all for a healthy and happy baby, and our prayers were answered. "For this child I have prayed, and the Lord has granted me what I asked of him"- 1 Samuel 1:27
This is a picture of us right before we went in to the doctor. This will always be one of our favorite memories!
6 comments:
I know we arn't the best of friends or even really aquantinces, but I like you. I like you more and more. I'm so excited for you!! Honestly I'm also a litte jealous, but we are not ready yet.
What a special time for the two of you! I am sooo happy for both you and Jay...a precious baby girl...such fun! There will be many more special moments over the upcoming months so get ready! :)
OH MY GOSH. I'm so glad to call you my friend. What a beautiful post so full of perfectly captured intimate moments. You are blessed dear!
Hello! I don't think we've conversed since our UST Science Class/when I was asking you for tips about El Dorado Royale but I love to keep up with you via your blog. CONGRATULATIONS! So very, very excited for you. Reading this entry brought tears to my eyes!... Best wishes going forward with the blessed Baby :)
~Christi
I am so, so happy for you and Justin! What a special time in your lives. I remember the first kick of each of my babies and it is such a beautiful, wonderful, personal experience. Hooray for the bean-ette! Much love, Erin
congratulations!! what a precious moment for you two to share with your new little one!
Post a Comment