Thursday, September 2, 2010

Catch up.

I forgot to blog about a few things in my last post so let's play catch up. Last week we headed to the fair on Thursday, the very first day...and I think that will be our tradition from now on! It was 70 degrees and breezy, there were no crowds, and we didn't have to wait in any lines! It was so fabulous, and let me tell you-a pregnant woman's dream ;) We didn't eat much because everything is so expensive, but we had a really fun time together. We shared some fries, cheese curds, and of course sweet martha's cookies. All in all we did pretty good. We went to the miracle birth center and checked out the animals for as long as my stomach could handle, and we also visited Jay's brother at the footlong hot dog stand and did a lot of people watching. After a few hours of wandering around I was really tired so we headed home, but not before visiting the sports tent to check out the Viking gear and watch some of the NFL game!

Friday I was able to work a half day and then I took off early. Luckily I was able to catch some time with Amy who was in town for the weekend, and we spent 2.5 hours catching up! It was so fun to see her and know what is going on in her world, and I got to visit with her Mom, Dad and Deren after awhile too. So excited that she'll be back over the holidays...I love old friends :)

Baby is growing like crazy!! Bean is currently about the size of a sweet potato, but within just 2 weeks it will grow to the size of a cantaloupe! crazy!! I have a feeling my belly will start popping out very, very soon. Only a few more days until we hopefully find out the sex. I really hope that baby cooperates. I heard that if you drink some pop & eat some candy on the way it will get baby moving before the ultra sound. Any mamas out there have a suggestion? I think I will die of anxiousness if we don't get to find out! haha.

Jay left early this morning for his nationals softball tournament so it's just me and nemo for the weekend. I hope I have enough energy to get some things done around the house while he's gone...including putting the nursery together and getting some pictures to finally share of all my projects! Wish me luck! He'll be back on Sunday and then we are heading to my Mom's on Monday for a family bbq. I have Monday and Tuesday off and the extra long weekend will be so nice.

No comments:

Back to TOP