skip to main |
skip to sidebar
I am pregnant!
Old news right? I just woke up this morning with to one of those "I am pregnant!!" realizations. You know, the point where it actually hits you and you realize that you are, indeed carrying human life inside of you. So crazy. I get to be a mama!! was my first thought. I was so excited this morning and I rolled right over and cracked open my bible. Believe it or not, the first verse I laid my eyes onto was, "My cup overflows with Blessings." (Psalm 23-I turned to Psalms because I love those readings). I am just amazed at this little life growing and bouncing inside of me, and I know this baby is one of the greatest blessings we'll ever receive from the Lord. I am so thankful he chose us for this particular baby, and I can't wait to see what he has in store for us. I continue to pray that he molds and shapes us into the parents he wants us to be. Here are some 17 week (+2 days) pictures of the bump. I included a front view because I think from the front I'm looking a little rounder than the side ;) I'm still in my pre-pregnancy jeans, but in the last picture you'll see how I'm keeping them on. They are a little uncomfortable on the belly when I button them!

If you can't tell, I'm using the hair binder trick. Today I realized that I am almost halfway through my pregnancy. I have been continually sick but it doesn't rain on my parade, I'm dancing out there! This weekend we finished the nursery bedding and a few little extras for baby. We are so excited to get the nursery cleaned up and arranged and then I promise pictures to share. Right now we have so many things stashed in there that we need to put away or find a spot for. It was so fun to spend the weekend with my family. Mama + Bunny helped me prepare some meals to eat this week and some to freeze so that I won't have to worry about coming home and cooking at night. That was super nice and I appreciated the help. I'm sure I'll have to have them do the same when the baby comes! It's just so hard to take care of myself, take care of my husband, and take care of the house all at the same time, expecially at the end of the day! Jay has been so sweet cooking and cleaning the house for me because after a full day of work my energy level is pretty much drained. I wake up so excited and full of energy and by the time dinnertime rolls around I need to rest for a bit. Papa took us shopping at some antique/thrift stores {junk stores as Jay calls them!} and we found some really unique vintage items for the nursery. More to come. Tonight we are hoping to get out and exercise a bit but we'll see how I feel, it's always a 'go with the flow' type of thing...plus it's pretty hot and humid here today. Fall, where are you????Oh and I miss my in-laws. If you are reading this, we need to get together!! Our families are both so similar and also so different, but equally fun...so when I spend time with one I miss the other. They both have their quirks and so many good memories! We'll have to plan some fun fall activities with them.
No comments:
Post a Comment