I had a lot of last week off work so it was nice to be at home and relax. Jay finished painting the nursery and we have most of the furniture set up. We decided the chair we bought {which we picked out online} is horrendously uncomfortable, so we are returning that asap and picking out something soft and luxurious to take it's place =) It looked fabulous online but when we got it out of the box and put together it was stiff as a board--not something I want to be sitting in a couple times a day, every day with our baby. So hopefully we'll get that taken care of soon because returning things is always such a hassel. On a better note we found and applied for a loan repayment/forgiveness program where they will pay a percentage of your student loans if you are teaching at a low income school. You have to qualify for 1 out of the 5 categories and Jay qualifies for 4, so we are hoping and praying that he gets approved. He had to get some forms signed by his principle and we've sent everything in and now we're just waiting to hear back. This would be a HUGE blessing for our family so please pray for us!
I started pre-natal yoga at my little yoga studio that I love, and lucky me- my favorite teacher from twilight yoga is a doula and also the pre-natal specialist at the studio. I just love her. The class was so amazing for my body. Lately I feel like I have no flexibility or balance and my body just aches. It felt so good to get on the floor and do some hip openers, abs and leg workouts. I was exhausted when it was over, and I can't wait for this weeks class. There are only 3 yogi's in the class so it's nice and intimate, and she puts a lot of focus and attention on your baby which I love. We're always focusing positive thoughts, energy, and feeling on our baby and I love it! She also shared a non-profit organization with us that holds free classes for expecting parents. When she was pregnant with her first baby she attended many of them and said they are fantastic. I was super excited to learn about this because I wanted to attend as many classes as we could afford, but man are they expensive! And I'm not sure if my insurance pays for them or not-but either way insurance is just a hassel and it's so nice that they are just free. You just show up and learn, not even registration is required. This is totally my kind of organization ;) So I printed off the schedule and we're going to go through it tonight and figure out which classes we want to take. We're also going to be talking about the option of having a doula, which I feel pretty strongly about.
And the best news is.........we scheduled our big ultra sound! We'll be finding out if we'll need to buy a football or ballet slippers on September 10th! Only 4 weeks away. Do you like how I am trying to convince myself that 4 weeks is not that long? It seems like an eternity!!!!!!!! What do you think we are having?
3 comments:
I think you're having a girl. :)
I have no scientific basis for that decision whatsoever, I just happen to be the first born in my family and a girl (duh), so I predict girl. ;)
Four weeks!? That's exciting though. And it will fly faster than you know it.
I'm so excited for you!! I'm thinking boy to be honest.
I think it's going to be a girl. First hunch feeling. I'm excited to find out soon. :)
Post a Comment