And now it's story time. One of my favorite memories from this pregnancy so far has been our last ultra sound appointment {pictures below}. I think it was around 12 weeks. We went in to get some measurements of the baby, so I got ready and hopped up on the table, anxious to see our little bean on the screen. The ultra sound tech found it right away, and bean was on it's head happily bouncing and jumping away. It was the most precious sight I've ever seen, so wiggly and squirmy! Cute right? We thought so...until the ultra sound tech laughed and said that while we have a really active baby, we need it to lay down for the measurements. Then she looks at me and grins. She proceeds to tell me I need to get re-dressed, go out into the lobby and chug a whole bottle of water. Immediatly after I am instructed to run up and down the steps for several minutes, hoping that the combination of theses two exercises gets bean to move positions. Jay had quite a laugh watching me run up and down the steps. We headed back to the room and I hopped back on the table and baby bean was still on it's head. Fail. Off I went again for round two. This time Jay and I giggled as I choked down more water and broke a sweat. By this point my bladder was completely full and I was tired. Running up and down stairs is hard when you are pregnant! And do you think little bean even moved one inch? Nope.
I plopped myself on the table this time, out of breath and immediatly saw baby was still on it's head. It wiggled around and briefly jumped to it's back but wiggled right back upside down when she went to measure it, as if to say "haha mama, I tricked you!" Needless to say we left the appointment without the measurements needed. It was by far the best memory we've had so far though, and Jay already vocalized that we have a stubborn baby on our hands :0)
Oh and p.s. we went to a follow up ultra sound two days later and bean was still on it's head! You can see the little head at the bottom of the pictures. In the bottom picture bean has it's hand curled right next to it's face, hiding from mama + daddy! Little stinker. At least baby is super comfy :)

No comments:
Post a Comment