Monday, July 26, 2010

All we need is love.

"No we don't have a lot of money, no we don't have a lot of money, all we need is love"-great song by the Zac Brown Band, and one that always seems relatable.

We are working so very hard to pay Jay's student loans down before the baby gets here. We know realisticly {and obviously} they won't be paid off, but we're trying to get the monthly payment to a more manageable amount-especially before adding monthly baby expenses. It's very hard, and every extra dime goes towards wells fargo. I'm so grateful at this time for my photography business, and I know the extra work I'm struggling to put in now will pay off later. But, with that being said.....we couldn't be happier....we couldn't be more blessed, and we still feel very lucky. But that also means everything will be done on a budget, starting with the nursery.

I'm really not a fan of pink + purple for girls, and blue + red for boys. I have more of an eclectic, organic taste and because of that we decided to do a gender neutral nursery. I'm also not a fan of themed nurseries. I think they are cheesy. Anyways, that means that we were able to start brainstorming right away, instead of waiting to find out the sex. I've been waiting and watching and we've scoured a few things off of craigslist for dirt cheap, and we already purchased our crib because it was being discontinued. I feel like our timing has been really good because we've gotten everything on clearance.

Just today we got this at Target for $39 marked down from $80. Yes, I realize it's blue and brown so it's not necessarily gender neutral but I don't care, I think it's adorable. And it has owls on it, my very favorite. I would have no problem using this should our baby be a little girl. I was super pumped. I love it because it's sturdy but has an option to fold up if we want to put it away. All the fabric is removable and washable and the tray can be taken off and put in the dishwasher if needed {wow I realize I'm such a mom with this post!} And the best part? I asked my Dad to come along to help me carry it to the car and he purchased it for us!!!! Even better.

The nice thing is that we have 6 more months to keep watching for sales and clearances on the things we need so that we won't have to pay full price for many items. You really don't realize just how many things you need to get to prepare for a baby! We are excited none the less, and we'll just keep working hard at stretching our money as far as we can.

I feel the need to put a disclaimer on this post: this blog is acting as my scrapbook, as I have no time or money to scrapbook anymore...so I'll be posting a lot so that we can remember everything. That means there maybe be multiple daily posts and silly updates that no one but us will really excited about. Oh well, such is life, right? Thanks for sticking with me this far!




**update** we opened the highchair when I got home so we could look at it together and it's definitely a teal/greenish blue instead of a baby blue like it looks in the picture, so it seems more neutral to us and we loooove the color. Score!

No comments:

Back to TOP