Friday, May 14, 2010

Dinner details.

Here is a picture of our romantic candle lit dinner last night. Hah! I wish. This looks like our dinner we had on the beach under the stars on our honeymoon. Our dinner last night was much less exciting, however, there were lots of candles.
I cooked for 3 hours yesterday. I almost never get to do that, so it was a lot of fun and I got several texts throughout the day from mr. man wondering what I was whipping up (I told him I had something planned). He was really excited. So I brought down my mac, turned on some music, popped a bottle of wine and enjoyed an afternoon in the kitchen. We started off with a cheese plate and assortment of gourmet cheeses. We had panquehue from Chile, gorgonzola, parmesan reggiano & brie drizzled with honey. I served it with fruit, bread, wine and balsamic vinegar.

For the main dish I made a garlic basil linguine pasta with shrimp and scallops and a home made spicy cream sauce. For once my hubby walked in the door and dinner was hot & ready waiting on the table! {usually he is always home & already cooking before me} He LOVED it! After dinner we watched tv & a redbox rental I had picked up earlier in the day. Everything turned out really good and it reminds me of how much I love to cook when I have the time. I'll have to upload my pics later since I don't have them all now. Tonight the group is headed over to our house to celebrate my birthday, thanks to Jenni who planned everything! You are amazing Jenni! I'm excited to see all our friends, enjoy the weather outside and play some bean bags + maybe even volleyball. It's finally sunny after a week long rain storm. I'm definetly going to enjoy it!

4 comments:

Krysten @ Why Girls Are Weird said...

It will be a GREAT evening to enjoy time with friends. Have fun!

Emily said...

I would LOVE your recipe for the cream sauce. I am horrible at sauces and need to mix it up! Happy Birthday weekend :)

Unknown said...

Delish! Sometimes its relaxing to cook for hours! Bet everything turned out fab, great pic!

Unknown said...

Delish! Sometimes its relaxing to cook for hours! Bet everything turned out fab, great pic!

Back to TOP