Thursday, April 29, 2010

Thoughts on Thursdays

Hello dear friends! For this weeks Thoughts on Thursdays I have a little surprise for you....my first guest blogger! I've asked my blog friend Krysten from After I Do to share her thoughts on marriage. She married her husband Dustin a few months after I got married.

Hello all! My name is Krysten and I actually went to the same high school as Abbey (but we've never met). Small world huh? So when she asked me to do a guest spot for Thoughts on Thursdays I almost immediately had an idea for what I wanted to say. Enjoy!

Getting Away From It All
My husband, Dustin, and I often find that we get really caught up in the hustle and bustle of everything that goes on in our married life. Sometimes we don't even realize how stressed we are until we get away from it all.


We're lucky that my parents live in Northern Wisconsin and it is the perfect place to get away. We ditch our cell phones, which don't even work at my parents' house, and our computers and for a weekend we'll forget about the things that are stressing us out. We eat my mom's home cooking, go for walks with the dogs and if it's the summer we go out on the boat and spend time in the sunshine. And by the end of the weekend the stress has melted away and we feel that much closer to each other.

I've found that in marriage it's really easy to fall into the rut of working too hard, playing too hard and stressing too much. But I've always found that if you take a little time to unplug that technology and hide away you can make your marriage that much stronger.

4 comments:

Krysten @ Why Girls Are Weird said...

Yay! That was lots of fun Abbey. I definitely need to invite you over to my blog sometime for a guest post =-)

And oddly enough, D and I are going to my parents' at the end of May and I am looking forward to it like you would not believe. A long weekend away from it all? That's the best medicine EVER.

Anonymous said...

That sounds soooo relaxing!

My cell phone is off now, too... but only because I put it through the wash last night :S

Sandy a la Mode said...

what a great guest post! i've been married for a year and i totally agree!! a lot of times we get caught up in work (which is on our computers b/c we work in IT) and i think its wonderful to just get away once in awhile and relax without electronics!

Tiffany said...

Going home and relaxing IS the best medicine ever, especially when home is in the middle of nowhere and you have no option but to do nothing and take things slow.

Back to TOP