Thursday, November 19, 2009

Thoughts on Thursdays

Put a little effort in.

I'm preachin' to myself here folks...so don't take offense =) The other night Jay worked really hard and made us a fabulous dinner while I relaxed + unwound after a stressful day. After we were done eating he wanted to head to the gym and work out together. After my long, stressful day that was the last thing I wanted to do, and the first thing that came to mind was "no"....but I caught myself and thought that after all he had done for me to make my night stress-free, the least I could do was put a little effort in and go workout with him. Turns out I really needed to workout to relieve my stress! There are also little things that I know make a difference to him, like dressing up for dates or wearing a cute outfit I know he likes. I know what you are all thinking-we've only been married a year, gag me with the effort...the honeymoon phase ends. I know that we've only been married a year, but we've been dating nearly 10...and trust me, it takes work and effort in our relationship to keep the romance. But even after 10 years, I still get butterflies when getting ready for a date, or when he calls and says he is picking me up, or when I am curling my hair and he walks past the bathroom door and says "lookin good baby!" Those are the moments + feelings where I know every effort I put in is soooo worth it and I need to remember that.

No comments:

Back to TOP