Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Tuesday blues

Wow this one's been rough folks. long. frusterating. exhausting.

This weekend however? romantic. relaxing. hilarious. nothing short of amazing.

Why did Monday have to come???

Ok I'll leave the pity party for awhile...but I'm going right back after this post =)
Of course I forgot our camera at home today (a long with my coat, wallet, & good attitude) so you'll only be getting a few glimpses of our weekend from what I have on my CF card. *ok update, you aren't going to see anything for now because blogger won't upload my images. sweet. Friday we had the day off so we got to sleep in & lounge around until we felt like leaving. Around noon we headed for Osceola. We stopped at two wineries and tasted their goodness! Chateau St. Croix and Winehaven. Winehaven was definetly the best and we left with two delicious bottles.

After we checked into our bed & breakfast (amazing by the way!!) we went to the wine & cheese social hour. Only one other elderly couple were checked in so it was fun to talk with them & the inn-keeper to hear their story. Turns out they visited Portland this summer too so we had fun talking together. The rest of the weekend we basically relaxed, went hiking, went to some delicious 5 star restaurants, & fun pubs and laughed a lot. I forgot how much fun it is to have time to laugh. Seriously I forgot what it feels like to be able to sit and talk together for hours, laugh, & re-discover each other. I discovered (again) how funny my husband is. I think mostly he's just laughing at me but it's ok =) We were giggling the whole weekend! I didn't help that we brought the office season 1 with us (we had never seen it) and I swear every place we went we ran into those situations where you are literally biting your tongue to keep from bursting out loud.

Our room was right on the bluff overlooking the St. Croix & it was really scenic. We had a whirlpool that looked right onto the river. It was super romantic! We really enjoyed our stay. The breakfasts in the morning were so delicious and each night we had a freshly baked sweet snack to come home to. They treat you like the only couple in the inn!

Back to cold, hard reality!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

glad you had a nice time =) hang in there today!!! have a nice big glass of wine tonight and it will all feel better...and if not have another glass of wine (repeat as necessary!)

Unknown said...

Sounds blissful! Clay & I will have to check that out one year! Glad ya'll had a good time! :)

Back to TOP