Work before play.
This one is really tough for me. Jay and I are opposite in this way. I am the free-spirit, fun-loving "we'll get to it later" spouse. Jay is the organized, neat & tidy spouse. I usually let chores go until they really start to bother me. I won't do laundry until I don't have socks left, or deep clean the house until it's a mess or we are having friends over. I think mostly this is because I work so much that when I'm home I want to be doing something fun with my husband and not doing housework. It drives my husband nuts when the house is messy and chores are left undone. He likes everything to be just so and is a very good cleaner & hard-worker. It took me awhile to figure him out and understand that responsibilites come before pleasure, and that this is very important. I need to get the chores done so Jay can have fun, because leaving them undone only heightens stress. He's not extreme-if there is clutter here and there around the house he'll let it go for awhile, but I can always tell he is making a conscious effort to be patient with me. I really need to brush up on my wife & home maker skills. We've found ourselves eating out frequently because we are tired, we don't have time to go to the grocery store, or we just want to get out of the house together. I know he would prefer to stay at home with a home cooked meal but sometimes it's. just. so. tough. And it's fun to get out together and enjoy a good meal together. We've been saving a lot of money too from not buying groceries. Anyways, I am making a vow that I will cook for him more next week, and I will check back in to let you know how it's going. I found a bunch of yummy recipes today that I am looking forward to trying!
Put responsibilites before pleasure.
Thursday, October 29, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment