Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Book reviews

The reader is weird don't read it. I read it because I heard it was a controversal book & a golden globe winning movie. I never saw the movie but I picked up the book and thank goodness I only paid $1.99 for it. I didn't know what it was about but everyone was making such a big deal about the movie that I thought I would check it out. I should have known because golden globe nominations are usually for strange movies. But, sometimes I like to watch them to stay cultured. Plus, if I have a feel for what the critics like it gives me an edge on beating Jay in picking golden globe winners ;)
Dragonfly in amber=much much better! I liked this one better than Outlander (it's 2nd in the Outlander series) I still don't like parts of her writing & style but it kept me on the edge of my seat and ended with a huge cliff hanger. Parts of the middle were slow but I read fast through them & the story is getting more complex & interesting. I just love the kind of books that make you want to run to the store as soon as you finish one to pick up the next....and these are totally it! I'm already onto book three.

No comments:

Back to TOP