Tuesday, September 8, 2009

goodbye summer!

hello glorious fall.

This weekend was busy to say the least. I was running around shooting weddings, sessions, editing & hanging out with family. Jay was working at the fair. I was also able to see all my girlfriends in town & catch up quickly. It was awesome. After one of my long days at a wedding on Sunday, I came home to this:

Previously, it was a corner of weeds, dirt & random rocks. I have been wanting to plant there but just have not found the time to get it done (I think I was also a little scared, not being completely comfortable as a gardener either!) My mom & sister were garden fairies allll day. They worked hard to dig up, soil, mulch & plant these beautiful perennials that make it easy for people like me because they grow back every year. I pulled up to the driveway in the pitch dark but you better believe I still noticed my beautiful new welcome garden!! They also weeded, replanted & mulched our vegetable garden which needed it badly & it looks sooo great!! Thanks Mom & Al you are the BEST! What a great surprise to come home to. Oh-and notice the tomato on our front porch? cute little story behind that. When I got home on Monday night after our Labor day bbq, two of the cutest little boys ran over to our driveway and told me (one with crocodile tears in his little brown eyes) that the "mater" on the porch was for me because they picked a "mater" from the garden & "smushed" it. Are you kidding me?? so cute. Their mother was behind them telling them that it was wrong & that they needed to replace the tomato they smashed. I could barely contain my grin. So that's the story on our little tomato. I was wondering why it was sitting there on the porch! After I said thank you they scampered away. I hope I will see them again soon. I like nice neighbors.

Tonight is DATE night! I say that with enthusiasm because we are pretty excited, we barely saw each other over the weekend. Jay is taking me to Prescott (WI) tonight to walk around & have dinner on the St. Croix. He's been wanting to take me for awhile now & we finally have a free night. It will be great to see the beautiful scenary, have great food & catch up. The rest of the week will be cleaning the house, some school work for Jay (almost to his second degree & Master's!!) and then getting ready for the big kickoff Vikings game on Sunday!! We are making Chili for that...sooo good!!

No comments:

Back to TOP