Wednesday, August 12, 2009
Sacred.
Jay & I finally started Sacred Marriage together...we have heard so many good things about it & we ordered it months ago but never cracked it open. The message of the book asks the question what if marriage is designed for God to draw us to holiness instead of an instrument used to bring about our own happiness? This really hit me deep, because naturally as humans we are always looking for others to fulfill us & make us happy & that is why we are continually searching-because it starts (& ends) with God. It puts the meaning of marriage in a whole new light. I am so lucky that I have a husband who desires to grow in our relationship & more importantly strive for a relationship with God. When I got home tonight, he met me at the top of the stairs, barely holding back his excitement to share his day with me. I silently smiled & thanked God for him as he told me all his news for the day. He sure is wonderful. On that note, I'm off to bed! More feedback on the book to follow!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment