I can always tell when I'm stressed because I clean like crazy. I don't know why, because it's always when I have far less time on my hands than normal. We've been going going going for the past two weeks & it's finally catching up with me! I got a ton of items done on my to-do list today & yesterday and tonight it felt so good to just clean into oblivion. Our poor house has gotten so untidy because we've been traveling so much. Jay & I always wonder how it gets so messy when we are not even here much lately?? That's beside the point, it's getting a much needed scrub down. I'm about to call it quits for the night, take a hot shower & turn on a movie. Sounds glorious.
We had a nice dinner with Jay's dad & step mom last night and we are getting so excited for Las Vegas!! It's less than a month away now. For our Anniversary they are buying us tickets for the 4 of us to see a show when we visit...so nice! I think we are going to see Cirque Du Soleil. We are looking forward to it.
Jay's first week teaching went well & he found out he will be observed next week & they will let him know if they are going to offer him a job for the fall. Their school year starts mid August so he'll know soon...so that is exciting & it would be nice to have some options!! He's enjoying it so far and he says the kids are pretty cute. His birthday is this Saturday so we are going to have another busy weekend. He has two double-header games during the day, so I am shooting a wedding until the early evening. After his games we are going to meet up with our friends & have a bocce ball/darts tournament and hang out. Sunday we are going out on Jenni's boat, so I hope the weather is nice!
Wedding season is definetly upon me! I originally planned to only book 3 weddings a summer, because I didn't want to get into it full time & I really only wanted to photograph by referral of friends, etc....I must be crazy in the head. Seriously. I feel like I work two full time jobs. It's just so nice to have the extra money & it definetly pays off-so I just need to keep reminding myself of that. But it gets to be a lot sometimes. Next summer I'm sticking to only a few weddings, which was the original plan-do it as a part time job, because I enjoy it so much! The problem is I like it so much that I can't say no. Oh well, someday I'll learn. For now I'll work hard so I can play hard & travel the world with Jay ;)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Your comment makes it sound like it's my boat...I wish that were true :) haha!
But anyways, thanks for lunch today, you're a great friend and great person. I'm so envious of the traveling excursiosn you get to take! Enjoy it, maybe one day I finally decide to slow down a bit, we can all travel the world together...wouldn't that be great! I'll keep dreaming....
I clean when I am stressed- or I shop. Cleaner is much better!!!
Post a Comment