Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Vintage treasures...

I slipped out of work for awhile this morning to go wander through an estate sale. It was magnificent! It was an older woman's home so everything for sale was vintage, my very favorite. I had to hold myself back from purchasing a bedroom set & a furniture set complete with a vintage couch, love seat & rocker. She was also a crafter, so her entire basement was filled with crafts & craft supplies for sale. Heavenly? yes!! she had everything from jewelry to buttons to fabric to vintage patterns to ribbons to handmade (adorable) aprons for sale a la heavenly hostess:So cute. She also had blue/green mason jars which are my favorite to use as vases for flowes. After I made it up from the basement, I nearly bought a set of green vintage dishes. If there had not been one bowl missing I would have gotten them! Needless to say I was thrilled to find it & it was a great break from work. It got me in the mood for more sales this summer!

We had a great time at the Saints game last night! The evening was really hot & humid, but nothing an ice cold Mike's hard lemondade or a beer couldn't fix :) After the sun started to set it was really a perfect night for an outdoor ballgame. My Dad bought everyone a Saints hat & we had fun taking pictures with them on! I'll post some pictures later.

No comments:

Back to TOP