Monday, May 4, 2009

My art

I love painting-especially painting gifts. I think I made this canvas for someone in particular, but I haven't decided yet. I haven't really shared any of my paintings with anyone besides Jay, so I'm not sure how often you'll get a glimpse of my art, I figure I better post a picture while I'm in the sharing mood before I change my mind. I'm lucky I have a patient husband, because I'm a gypsy painter. I don't have a "workshop" or paint in an ideal place (example: the kitchen table) but instead I move to where I feel inspired. This one was on our bedroom floor, with all my paint supplies spread all over. Not so convenient- but it's how I work the best. This piece is called an imperfect life. It's about knowing that life is imperfect & sometimes painful, but still seeing the beauty of it. It's a quote that really touches me. I hope you like it! Thanks to Jay for helping take a picture of it :)

If you can't click on the picture for a bigger view, the painted words say:

I wish for you an imperfect life
and all the wonder that living can bring
The wealth that comes from knowing life
The tears that find their way to laughter
The joy that grows after the rain
and the love, felt deepest,
by those who have been carved by pain.

I hope that you can value that imperfection
Hold on to it, so it gives you such comfort
That you will dare embrace the beauty
of all the imperfect life that surrounds you
and then you will be perfectly free,
to step to the beat of your own
imperfect heart
and then you will have truly lived.
A little-know fact: I begin each piece by painting a secret on my canvas, so that when I finish & give it away, a secret goes with each one. Each secret unique & each one true.

1 comment:

Chris + Whitney Furst said...

How fun! Did you write that poem/quote?

It looks beautiful.

Back to TOP