Monday, May 25, 2009

Blue skies & amber sunshine, as far as I can see.

I'm just going to jump right in on this one-our weekend was fantastic. I worked a half day on Friday & then we headed up to the cabin for a few days. We spent some time helping prepare the boat & jet ski for summer, but we mainly relaxed and caught up with Jay's Aunt & Uncle, who we love to spend time with!! Man do we not get enough time with them, they are great. We had a good time-spending the days out in the sun & the nights around the fire or, may I add, beating Jay in cribbage. Yes, ladies & gentlemen, I spoke too soon. I found another game to add to my list of games I can beat him playing. And, might I also add that this was my first time playing? Jay was begging to teach me all weekend so I figured if he liked it so much, I should give it a shot. It was really fun! ( the level of funness increased as I continued to beat him) We got up on Saturday morning & went for a run..which was nice because it allowed me to be more lenient with my meals. We also played a little football & bocce ball. I've finally broken the curse-I have been to the cabin several times before this visit but it's always been rainy & cold. We have joked that I bring that bad weather! Not this time-it was sunny & warm the whole weekend. Perfect for some relaxation. Sunday morning rolled around & we decided to head home to prepare for our big day of getting things done today. It was nice not to feel like we had to rush home to prepare for work on Monday & we could just take our time. Here are some shots of our garden! We planted tomatoes, eggplant, cucumber, green peppers, red peppers, banana peppers & lettuce.



Sunday night was one of the funnest we've had together since we've been married. Jay wanted to go somewhere nice for dinner, so we got home & cleaned up a bit & headed to Cravings wine bar in Woodbury. My Dad had given us a giftcard there so we were excited to try it out. The food was amazing-everything is homemade & fresh, from the entrees to the desserts (try the chocolate turtle cake...YUM!) I definetly rewarded myself for a pretty good weekend with that dinner! (I did pretty good for the most part!) I had crab & halibut on a bed of spinach fettucini & Jay had steak. We split a piece of cake. After dinner we headed to get some gardening supplies & then to my Mom's to pick up a great surprise. She had given us a bonfire table & chair set that was still waiting to be picked up at her house. SO awesome...thanks Mom! She also had a bunch of flowers, vegetables, & our salsa garden supplies to pick up. We visited with Mom & Al for awhile & then headed home to begin our housework. First thing on the list-our little garden. We worked fast & hard & got a ton of stuff done. After awhile we took a break & hard some raspberry lemonade on our front porch...but decided we needed something more. So we headed up the the big red barn (vfw) where Jay's uncle Al was bartending & stopped in for a visit. We watched the twins & visited with Al for awhile until we decided a trip to walmart was a must. We needed to purchase our own cribbage board. So off to walmart in Hastings we went!

We came home, made a fire on on back porch & enjoyed each other's company & conversation over a few drinks & a good cribbage game. We had to try our new table!! The time passed so quickly & we stayed up way too late, we were having so much fun. We finally dragged ourselves up to bed when we couldn't stay awake anymore. What a great day!


We both had the day off today so we continued with the housework. Even though it sounds like no fun, it was. It's always such a great feeling to get your home cleaned & things checked off your to-do list. One of my major accomplishments was my jewelry holder. I brainstormed for a long time about how to store my jewelry & finally came up with something I was happy with. I found a frame I really liked & transformed it into a necklace & earring holder. Thanks to Jay for helping me hang it! I like how it is functional & still looks nice on the wall.
This is one thing I'm excited to check off the to-do list. The other is getting to bed! good night :)

No comments:

Back to TOP