Friday, May 1, 2009

Girls night out!!

Tonight Jay is going out with his work friends which gives me the night to myself....yes!! I am working until 2:30 or 3 and then heading to the mall for some shopping & dinner with Jenni. We have several weddings coming up this summer so I need the appropriate attire...and my birthday is next week! Needless to say, I have some major shopping to do. Then the rest of the night is wide open (how nice!) so maybe a little movie action, or some reading & relaxing. I'm just happy it's Friday. Tomorrow we are heading to Jay's Dads for dinner and Sunday I have a few sessions, so it will be nice to have a low-key night tonight.

Now on to some equally exciting & boring news. Today we were able to pay off not only the rest of of bedroom furniture, but our entire credit card!!!!!!!! This is a huge accomplishment for us. We don't use our credit cards often, only for major purchases that we can't afford to pay in cash, and very rarely (we were taught well!). But we bought the most beautful set of bedroom furniture right before the wedding, and were able to pay in cash for everything else we purchased for the house. We also had our trip to Portland on there. We knew we would be getting a little money back, so we put the trip on our card to rack up our frequent flyer points. Thanks to our tax refund, we were able to pay for everything (the furniture & trip) and still have a little left over. I have no idea how this happened and how we got so lucky-but we are SO thankful. That knocks off two of the major items on our list. We may look over & revise our list this weekend because it seems like everything is all of a sudden happening at once-especially things we thought would take time. We really want to be challenged by it, so we'll see. I have already upped the number of weddings I photograph in a year because I keep booking more! We are all set for our donation pick-up on May 7th so this weekend I am going to tackle some of the boxes in our storage...spring cleaning!!!!!!

No comments:

Back to TOP