Monday, February 23, 2009

Make your own Red Velvet Cake Rounds!

I originally discovered these delicious treats from bakerella a long time ago, but I've substituted my own recipe for the Red Velvet Cake and the frosting because she used a box cake and canned frosting...and I wanted to make everything from scratch. Here is my recipe!

Red Velvet Cake
2.5 cups of all purpose flour
1.5 cups of sugar
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon fine salt
1 tablespoon cocoa powder
1.5 cups vegetable oil
1 cup buttermilk-at room temperature
2 large eggs-at room temperature
2 tablespoons of red food coloring (1 ounce)
1.5 teaspoon distilled vinegar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract

Cream Cheese Frosting
1 pound cream cheese, softened
4 cups sifted confectioners sugar
2 sticks unsalted butter (1 cup) softened
1.5 teaspoon vanilla extract

Yum yum yum! let me know if you guys try this recipe and how it turns out!

No comments:

Back to TOP