Thursday, June 30, 2011

Bad things come in...?

Threes I hope? Where to even begin. Let's just say the past few weeks have been a little challenging around here. It all started about a month ago when our car was involved in a hit and run leaving it un-drivable. After a hefty car bill we were back in the game. Then this past week it broke down on the side of I-35 during one of the busiest times of the day-right before rush hour. The car overheated and smoke filled the cabin as we rushed out as fast as we could. I stood on the side of a busy interstate holding my baby girl for hours in 90 degree weather. After an expensive tow and an estimate from the dealership we were looking at a $5,000 fix. Without the necessary repairs the car would not be drivable, once again. We left for the Keys the next day, so we had to leave it at the dealership in the meantime. When we returned Jay's car died just as he was planning to leave and drive to the dealship to deal with my car, leaving us with no useable vehicles. Today we got a call that Jay's school is closing which means he is unemployed. So here we stand with no vehicles and down a job. I bet you think we're in panic mode, right?

Strangely I'm at peace with everything. At this point nothing surprises me and all I can do is laugh about it. I'm solely relying on God to provide for our family as he always does and I know he will. Patience isn't usually a strong suit of mine, but I'm certain it's why he puts me in situations such as this. I'm learning. I'm growing.

We were on our way to a family photo session when we got the call, and all I could think about during the shoot was how lucky I was. How lucky I am that my car broke down because it meant I had means of transportation to get me where I need to go. How lucky I am that Jay lost his job because it means a better opportunity waiting, and he will get to spend more time with Lucy while looking for another. How lucky I am that we go through trials like this so God can bring us closer as a family. And most of all how lucky I am to have the two of them to hold onto in times of need.

Please keep our little family in your prayers tonight. xoxo

3 comments:

Robyn said...

Abbey,
Thank you for sharing this post. I am so sorry to hear about Jay's job. I love your attitude, good things are on their way to you. :)

-Robyn

Ashley said...

Praying for you guys! You have such a great attitude and God will provide...just like He always does:) Joel just got laid off too, so I feel your pain. I'm excited to see what God has in store for our little family too.

Between3Sisters.com said...

My heart goes out to you and your family, Abbey! But I know that God is giving you special grace because I can see it in your positive attitude. It is so important to trust Him in all things and know that He has a plan. Something great will come along and He will provide! Stay strong & I will say a prayer for you guys :)

~Christi

Back to TOP