The past two weeks have been crazy in this household. Week 1 was Aly's spring break and week 2 was my Mom's (she works at a school) so Lucy experienced a ton of new things and was such a good little girl as she was toted around town. She had her first & second road trip to Bunny's and also the mall! My Mom had the idea to take us shopping because there is a new 2 story forever 21 (my favorite) at one of our local malls, and she knew I hadn't had much time to shop for clothes since Lucy was born...and it had been 10 months since I could buy anything non-maternity. Holy moly we had so much fun! I think I tried on 100 things. I left the store with a whole new wardrobe which was really fun for me. They had so many cute styles for spring and I literally could have shopped all day in that one store. It was ginormous. Plus their clothes are super affordable which is really nice. Lucy just slept in her stroller and occasionally woke up to say hello and babble when she liked mama's outfit. She likes to have her opinion heard ;)
Shopping can be so refreshing when you actually find things you like, can't it? Especially as a new mama. It's so nice to feel like I look decent in something and it's not sweatpants or a t-shirt. I even found a new pair of jeans that I love, which is pretty much a miracle because I can never find the right length and %99.9 percent of all jeans are too short for me. I would say the day was a huge success.
Another miraculous thing happened this week: I was able to scrapbook! That has been pretty much impossible lately with taking care of my little bean, so I was really excited and I'm almost caught up on her scrapbook now. It was so nice to have people around to cuddle with her so I could get stuff done or go out with Jay here and there. I accidentally left my camera at Bunny's so I don't have pictures to share just yet, and we'll hopefully get that back soon.
This week should be super low key compared to the past two weeks and I am excited to just hang at home with Lucy. Here is a recent picture of her the morning of her 2 month appointment. She was such a happy and sweet little girl. I love this picture because you can tell she's still learning how to really smile, but she was so excited that mama was talking to her! Shortly after that we headed to the doctor. More on that later.
No comments:
Post a Comment