What?? Labor? I was embarrassed to even go to the hospital because I was sure I would be sent home with false labor pains! Meanwhile my husband was on his way to Denver for a ski trip with a friend. Perfect timing. Since I was only 35 weeks my doctor would not let me have her {and I didn't want to with Jay out of town!} so I was given 3 shots of medication to stop the contractions and to ease me out of labor. They eventually found out I had an infection which was causing me to go into labor to protect the baby and get her out. The nurse told me had I not come in when I did, we'd have a little baby girl in the world. Crazy. I was monitored for 5 hours until the contractions lessened and then given antibiotics and sent home. I tried to relax and rest for the evening but the contractions kept coming and never went away, so at 11:30 pm my mom made me go back to the hospital.
This time I was given another dose of shots and hooked up to an IV with more medication. We stayed until 3 am and I was so exhausted....I just couldn't get rid of the contractions! We got home by 3:30 and I slept for most of the next day. I ended up going back to the hospital on New Years Eve because they were growing in intensity and I was very sick. They switched my antibiotics thinking that the first medication was not working to fight the infection. This time my Mom was prepared and brought us a bag full of goodies and we had a feast in the hospital while I was monitored :) Now I've been home and out of the hospital for a few days but I continue to have contractions, and I am so exhausted. After 36 weeks they most likely will let me continue into active labor, so as early as next week we could be meeting our little girl! They sent me home with the medication they were giving me through shots in pill form so that I can take it at home and not have to go back in. So who knows, we may be welcoming her into our world sooner than we thought!
I would not have been scared had Jay been there, but I was so afraid something would happen while he was out of town! I felt terrible because I know he was very worried while on vacation and he wanted to come home right away. I tried to reassure him that I was fine and that our doctor had everything under control and wouldn't let me go into active labor, so it was only a matter of getting medication to stop the contractions. Anyways, I was never happier to see him when he got home on Sunday and I have no fear he won't be leaving my side until she arrives now :)
Thanks for all your prayers and concern for our family. I'm very tired from lack of sleep and continuous contractions, but it's all worth it for the end result when we can finally meet bean-whenever she decide it's time!
2 comments:
Oh my goodness! Please know we are saying prayers for you and the little one. Just try to relax (if you can) and know you and baby are in God's hands! All will be well.
Christi
Between 3 Sisters
Eek I'm praying for the 3 of you.
Post a Comment