Tuesday, December 7, 2010

31 weeks.

I am all over the place today, with good updates and bad...let's start with the good. I'm almost 32 weeks now and time is still flying. We are getting so close to meeting our little girl! We've still been making it to the gym about 3 times per week so I'm getting in a lot of exercise and I feel great. We've been spending a lot of time at home and it's been really nice-I love my nights with Jay where we just stay in and relax or get things done around the house. We've gone to a bunch of great free classes at the non-profit I mentioned before. We've been to Medications & Interventions, Comfort Measures, Breastfeeding and Postpartum, and Preparing Your Mind and Body For Birth. Tonight we are going to Your Amazing Newborn. Class nights are super fun for us because we usually get dinner together beforehand {usually at the Wild Onion-where we got engaged...we're nerds} and we make it into a date night. We always have great conversation on the way home too. We still have a few left to attend and we look forward to them. We also found our doula! Her name is Mandi and she is awesome. She's a mother of 2 with another baby on the way so she has a lot of experience and expertise with labor and birth. She's actually still getting certified as a doula-she's done with all the schooling but needs a few more births to complete her certification. So we were lucky to get her for free! I think she's still looking for another couple if anyone is due before March and wants her contact information let me know. She has attended many other births as she worked her way through schooling.

And now onto the not so good news...bare with me now this will be a bit of a rant. I received an e-mail this morning from my maternity leave fill-in notifying me that she has taken a full time position and will no longer be able to cover for me. She was supposed to start training in 5 days. Awesome, right? This is after extensive interviewing and being clear that we were looking for someone who needed something temporary and part-time-not full time. I specifically asked her if she would be needing a full time position before I had her in for an interview, because clearly this wouldn't be the right position for her. She confirmed she couldn't take on anything full time because she has kids at home and wanted to be off with them in the summer and just work part time while they were at school. I replied that was great because we were looking for someone that our position would be a perfect fit for, and that we didn't want to hire someone who would continue looking for something full time and fall through if something better {full time} came around.....weird. This particular woman was in her late 40's and a stay at home mom {who had previous accounting/admin jobs}....she just wanted the "extra" pay, it's not like she was coming from a full time position to working part time, she wasn't working at all and hadn't for many years {by choice}.

So now I'm back at square one and am still dealing with getting everything ready for the move and my leave on top of this. This whole situation really is becoming a joke, and I am so overwhelmed with everything I can't help but just laugh. I'm really not sure where to go from here with so little time. Prayers for patience and direction would be appreciated!

Thank goodness I have a date tonight.

3 comments:

Between3Sisters.com said...

How thoroughly frustrating!!!! I will say an extra prayer that God will send a new candidate your way. He always has a way of working these things out, doesn't he? Sometimes it's just so hard being patient. All will be well. Just focus on you and Bean & let Him do the rest :)

~Christi

leah @maritalbless said...

How exciting that you've been able to make your class nights so fun. Tony and I would always swing by Subway lol. :)

How did you find your doula? Sounds like an amazing fit. I'm so excited for you!

I CAN NOT BELIEVE IT. It's getting up there with my having my pay cut in half and having to find a new job while 6 months pregnant. Or maybe it's already past that.

Between3Sisters.com said...

We had a hard time finding someone to replace me as well. I am sure in these economic times you will find a good quality replacement on short notice. We just posted an ad on Craigslist and found a good person...good luck. BTW, you look super cute at 31 weeks! ~Beth

Back to TOP