Today I feel fabulous. I have to cherish moments like these because they are inter-spersed between moments of not so fabulous-ness. I finally am starting to feel like myself again {besides the giant round belly that hides my toes from my eyes} I have not been continually sick in weeks, can you believe it? I feel better than I did before pregnancy and my energy level is amazing. Since I've been feeling so great, I made a personal goal of getting to the gym at least 2x per week to work out, and so far so good for the past few weeks. This week I might even make it 3x. I don't do much-usually the elliptical for 30 or 40 minutes, and then some upper body weight machines, but I feel soooo good when I'm done. And it helps to even out those cravings and periodic not so healthy snacking ;)
Beyond feeling physically healthy, I feel emotionally awesome as well. Today I was gifted with a year end bonus at work that is larger than I've ever received or expected. I am so grateful for my flexible job, happy work environment, and continuous benefits. Although we'll probably use it for something practical like paying off our last measely loan payments or for bean's birth, it still is so exciting. Jay wants to save it for our big vacation this summer or do something fun, so we'll see what we decide. On top of that, Jay got a little promotion/extra responsibility at work as well, so starting this paycheck {today} he'll be receiving an extra chunk of money each month too. He's such a hard worker and I am so proud of him! God has continually blessed our little family and we could not be more grateful. I can't wait to celebrate this weekend!
Tonight Jay has a coaching clinic so I have the night to myself. We have a busy weekend coming up so I have a small list of things to get done tonight, but most of it will be low key and hanging out at home. On the way home from work I'll be stopping at my very favorite place, The Nook after work to get some dinner to go and then heading home. If you have yet to experience The Nook's amazingness-you must go. The most delicious burgers and fries in the world, I promise. They've won awards.
Tomorrow is Jay's 5k and afterwards we are heading to his Dad's for a game day with the family. It will be so nice to catch up and visit with everyone who we don't get to see that often. We'll both be dressing up and getting a little festive for Halloween. We had to get a little creative for this year's costume for myself, so we'll see how it turns out. Sunday I'm shooting my last family session, and then we have our belly session with Meg! I just hope she can get a few images where I don't look like a huge beluga whale :) Then we are coming home to watch the Vikes and I'm hoping to bake some apple crisp. We made caramel apples last week and it's been fun to be so festive. Fall sure is passing quickly! Phew! That's a lot isn't it? I am cherishing and reveling in the fact that I don't work all day long on Saturday which is a first for me in a long time.
I'm headed to lunch with my cousin and I can't help but think, I'm a lucky girl today. Smile.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
kudos to you on making it to the gym! one thing that was great for me, especially closer to the end when you are REALLY huge is swimming. it's so amazing to just float and feel weightless for awhile instead of incredibly heavy all the time. it really helps with your hips too. good luck girl! enjoy these moments of "happy preggo"!
Post a Comment