Monday, May 24, 2010

It's getting hot in here.

The weather has been so nice lately and we've been really lucky. It's 94 degrees here today and it feels like summer. We've had weather like this for a few weeks now, and it's unusual for Minnesota this time of year. It hasn't been quite as hot but it's been sunny and warm.

I love May-it's one of the most beautiful months of the year. Flowers are blooming and the grass is green. Gardens are planted and the bugs aren't out yet. It is perfect!

Bunny + Papa were in town for the weekend so we spent most of it with my family. My sister competed and won state cup so they are off to regionals in June--and nationals if they win in July. We had the family over to our house for a bbq on Saturday and it was fun. We cooked on the grill and enjoyed being outside. Saturday night we had a family movie night and watched The Hurt Locker, and it was pretty good. Very intense but good. It was winner of the Academy Awards best picture. We stayed up late talking + didn't get home until 1 am. It was a really great day.

Sunday I was exhausted from spending time outdoors {and sunburned!} so we went out for brunch with my family and then headed home after Al's championship game to relax.

This weekend we are going camping with Jay's family for Memorial weekend, so we'll be busy preparing this week and we are looking forward to that.

1 comment:

Krysten @ Why Girls Are Weird said...

Oh man, I just wish the humidity would go away! I feel like I'm swimming!

Have fun camping, the hubby and I are heading up to my parents' for a long weekend and I cannot wait to spend it all on the lake!

Back to TOP