Saturday we cleaned out the entire garage {like, every single little inch of it} We got rid of boxes of 'stuff' and listed more on our craigslist postings to go. We had a few people stop by and purchase some from our last list and almost everything is now gone from that one. In the afternoon we went to my Mom's for some bean bags and a bbq. It was so yummy to eat cheeseburgers fresh off the grill, our first cookout this year! We spent a total of $1 that day, to rent a redbox for movie night -so our budget was loving us. Sunday we went to a great Church service and then headed home to re-finish our craigslist item while watching the Twins/Masters in the garage. Once we get it put back together I'll do a little 'reveal' with before and after pictures, it turned out so great. Then we grilled at home and ate dinner together outside...a perfect spring evening. We were so exhausted last night!!I am feeling very re-freshed because I have felt the light at the end of the tunnel...winter is officially over and spring is here. This summer is going to be one of the best ones yet. I'll barely be working. In the end of June we'll be heading to the cabin for a week with my family, and then we'll return and have one day at home before we leave for France for two weeks. After returning from France, we'll have a couple weeks at home and then we'll be driving my sister down to Florida for college, so that will take about a week too. I love family road trips. Basically I'll have about 4 paid weeks off and it is sounding heavenly. I am so excited.
To make my week even better, I'm leaving for Seattle for a girls trip with Jenni. I am so so lucky! I am feeling a little guilty since money is recently very tight for us, but we planned this trip months ago and thankfully, it's pre-paid. All I'll have to pay for is the 'extras' and I can {and will} be very careful with that. We'll be staying at a brand new hotel that just opened in late March so we got a great promotional deal and it will be a lot of fun. I can't wait to eat lots of seafood, visit some wineries, and catch up with some friends that live in the area! I don't care if is pouring rain the whole trip, we are going to have a fantastic time!!!
To add to all of that exciting-ness, today is opening day for my Twins and downtown is buzzing with excitement......let's go boys!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment