We played games, caught up on the latest family gossip, + talked late into the nights. We ate chocolate cake. Papa made us fires when the nights got chilly and we refused to retreat to our warm beds yet. We went to see Avatar and went out for pizza. We ate more chocolate cake. We took the dogs for a walk in the beautiful sunshine and made a trip to hobby lobby for crafting essentials. I listened to countless stories about my grandparents growing up and our family history {one of my favorite past-times}. Mostly we laughed until we cried because they were all so hilarious + endearing. My grandparents have lived an amazing life.
I'm having a rough day at work because I'm missing my hubby. I feel lonely even though I'm not alone and I have a million things to do here! Sigh. Oh well, life goes on, right? My dad is taking me + Al out for sushi tonight so that will be fun and I'll have some company.
Even though I am missing hubby I feel so content. I know that may not make sense, but to me it does. I don't know when it happened, but I am really happy with where our life is right now. I feel like we are not {currently} struggling financially {or in other ways}, we don't have any major items we need to address, and we are just plain living. Our life is full of excitement. My heart is full of peace.
25 days of Joy: days 16, 17 + 18: I found Joy spending every moment of the weekend with my family! I think reflecting on the simple joys in my life has made a big impact on how I feel right now with our life =)
2 comments:
Abbey, I can feel your bliss from just reading this! So happy for you, isn't it amazing to love exactly where you are?
By the way, I tried your home-made deodorant and it TOTALLY works! I copied the recipe and gave it to all my female co-workers. I keep mine in the fridge so it doesn't melt in my hot bathroom. So happy to be using a healthy-for-me deodorant without the worry. Thanks a million.
-Robyn
Thanks Robyn! I'm so glad you tried and liked the deodorant. I'm thinking about posting my shampoo & skincare treatments as well. Have a happy Easter!
Post a Comment