Thursday, February 18, 2010

Thoughts on Thursdays

Be content.

How many times a day do we wish for something we don't have, something more? I am guilty of this, probably on an hourly basis. And yet, my life is filled with blessings and I am more fulfilled than I ever dreamed I could be. I have food on my table and clothes on my back. I have a job and a car that runs. I own a home. I have an amazing family and supportive friends. I have good health. I have a marriage that thrives and a man that only has eyes for me and my happiness. I have a God that loves me. I do not go without-so why would I ever want more? I need to keep my self grounded in my marriage and continually thankful for what I do have, and not what I don't. I want to be able to satisfy my husband by showing him that together, we have everything we need. I am holding myself to my conviction and striving to be content!
Godliness with contentment is great gain. 1 Timothy 6:6

No comments:

Back to TOP