Thursday, February 25, 2010

Bargain Shoppers...

get to Target! They have some really great clearance items right now. I scoured a few tank tops {some cute-sy & some regular tanks} for $2. I'm trying to find a few staple clothing items now for our trip before all the new summer items come out and are ridiculously over priced. I gave myself an allowance {1 session's worth} and was able to stay well under it and get all the things I wanted {cute breezy tank tops, swimsuit, flats, comfortable walking shoes, sunglasses...it will be HOT in France in July} thank you Target & Marshalls! I also got a few pairs of shoes for $6. I love Target for this reason. *hint* Their shoes rotate VERY often, so if you see a pair you like, wait. They will go on sale, and then clearance very soon. I think the rotation is 2.5 weeks {at least at our Target} and I can't honestly remember the last time I bought ANY pair of shoes for over $9. This includes Tennis shoes, boots, heels, flats, anything. We've been sticking to a really tight budget and not buying any extras so it was fun to splurge a little. I'm curious if there are any crazy couponers out there. This lady is a good example. She swears she's never paid for items like toothpaste, shampoo, conditioner, or other household items in over 3 years due to stacking coupons, and she pays minimal amounts for groceries. Her blog is crazy. That would be awesome, but it seems like a lot of work to me {you have to seek out many coupons, but she swears it pays off} **update, she posts weekly deals with printable coupons on her site so check it out if you are looking for a deal/coupon! So I'm curious if I know anyone who does this. I have questions for you =) I'm not talking about the person who clips coupons every week and uses them religiously, I'm talking about the person that will use 4-5 coupons per 1 item. E-mail me if you do!

25 days of Joy {yesterday} I found Joy in the sunrise that cast an orange glow in our bedroom. I love waking up to a shining sun! Thank you Jesus!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Thanks for sharing this link...I'm going to check it out. I use coupons every day just about everywhere I go, but next to this woman, I'm a novice at it! On a $50-60 grocery budget at Target each week I save about $10-12 dollars in coupons. I double them (one manufacturer & one store). I don't spend more than an hour per month or so cutting, printing, & /or filing my coupons. I'll check this site out though & let you know what I think! Also, check out couponmom.com. That's another good one!!

Robyn said...

Target is the B-E-S-T!!!! I looooooooooooooooove going and picking up clearance shoes. :o) I'm trying to avoid buying new clothes until I lose a bit more weight, but holy snap . . . Target is heaven-sent.

Back to TOP