Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Can hardly wait...

for thanksgiving.
for the long weekend.
for family time.

Tonight my brother is coming over to celebrate his birthday and we are having yangs chinese....amazing! I talked to him for awhile on the phone the other night and it was so fun to just talk about nothing. He is so sweet. I'm looking forward to seeing him today. After his party we are going to see the football movie The Blind Side. We have a fun little night planned! I'm taking a half day tomorrow and Jay has the day off so we are heading to Baja Sol early so we can meet Jared Allen =)

Friday night we are having Jenni's birthday party. I need to make a few appetizers and need some recommendations. Does anyone know anything delicious that is prepared with cheese? That's her favorite food. I'm trying to have an array of appetizers that involve cheese. If anyone knows of anything delicious please let me know. Any kind of cheese!

Thursday we are spending Thanksgiving with my in-laws at Jay's Dad's. It's always so fun to get together, especially over the Holidays. We also have a game day planned for Saturday at Jay's Aunt's home so we will have lots of family time this year, which is great. It's always hard to make the rounds to each side of the families, especially with two sets of divorced parents, and we really appreciate the time we can spend with his family. And Sunday, just because my husband is SO amazing, he got me 4th row tickets to the Vikings vs. Bears game at the dome!!!!!!!!! 9 exclamation points does not begin to explain how excited I am. I've only been to 3 Vikings games and they have all been in the nosebleed section, and I am a HUGE fan. I won't go to say that I am a bigger fan than Jay, but it's definetly close. Let's just say that when Sunday rolls around, game time comes, and I tell him not to talk for a few hours, he knows I'm serious ;) It will be a perfect ending to our fun-filled weekend. Have a blessed Thanksgiving everyone! I'm off to lunch with Jenni.

3 comments:

Emily said...

does she like brie cheese? a super easy one is to slice a baguette into small pieces and put a piece of brie on top and warm in the microwave just to warm the brie. then put a slice of pear on top. delish and SUPER easy. :) have so much fun. i wish i could celebrate with you guys!

Abbey said...

Yes she likes Brie, I was thinking of doing something like this, so thanks for the push! It sounds delicious!!

Robyn said...

I have an awesome Gruyere cheese fondue recipe. It just takes garlic, white wine and cornstarch along with the cheese. I have a fondue pot too that I could bring!

Back to TOP