Lots of movies! when I get stressed there is nothing better than escaping reality for a few hours with a good movie, & to describe my life lately-we've been watching lots of movies !! Here are a few that we've seen this month.

The Soloist-this was pretty good! It's a bit slow paced at times but the message is good & I liked the ending. As a psych major at one point, I've studied schizophrenia in depth so it was really interesting to watch. We thought Jamie Foxx did a really good job! It is a little depressing though.

Great movie!! We were laughing hysterically (so much that I was crying at some parts) This was one of my favorites of the year...great story, great actors, great ending. You should definetly see this one!

This was just ok for me-I read the book prior to the movie & have to say it's one of my favorites. The movie however did not come even close to the book. I thought they left out way too many important parts of the book and someone who has not read the book (my hubby) would not totally understand the story & he didn't get enough information or time to attach to the main characters...so he thought it was overall very sad. I was able to look past that in the book because you are able to read so much about their lives together & really appreciate their relationship and feel sympathy for them. You really get a lot of good stories of their lives in the book. The movie is still worth seeing but it's choppy & doesn't flow very well. Bring tissues!

I don't know why but I enjoyed this movie. I'll admit it's really weird, but it's also real life. You see the struggles of a family dealing with the death (suicide) of their mother & how it touches their lives. It's depressing at times but the ending is happy & overall it made me feel really normal & good about my life!
1 comment:
Clay & I watched "17 again" last night & LOVED it! Such a cute movie! Lots of laughs but sweet romance too! We'll have to try some of the others!
Post a Comment