Monday, July 13, 2009

Sleepy Monday

It's a good thing it's a sunny Monday, because man am I dragging my feet everywhere! This weekend was so much fun but that always means we got a little less sleep than normal ;) Friday night Jenni had to work late so she ended up coming over for a bonfire on our back porch. It was such a nice evening-perfect for good wine & great conversation. We talked for hours, and when it got dark it started to rain. It was so relaxing to listen to the thunder & be outside in the rain under the porch! It was a perfect start to the weekend.

Saturday's wedding went well & afterwards the party began! Our friends came over and we played bags outside until it was too dark to see. Then we continued inside with loaded questions-a favorite of the friends. It was so funny & fun to hear all the responses. Always a good laugh. I had gotten some fresh mint at the farmers market so we made some yummy mojitos-the perfect summer drink!
After everyone trailed home Jay & I stayed up really late talking. It was really fun except we had to get up early to get out on the boat Sunday! So we were really tired. We boated with our friends until about 3, and then headed to Andover for a family birthday celebration. It was a perfect day so we enjoyed it outside with games & drinks & a bar-b-que. We didn't want to leave early but Jay had to get home & get to work on some homework for his online summer classes he is taking...such a hard worker! It was nice for me though because I spent some time putting the final touches on my photography website & blog (which I had been putting off) and then I got a few good hours of reading in...the perfect ending to a great weekend! I feel so refreshed after a weekend full of friends & family.

Tonight we are headed to a park after work for a family session with Jenny Warnock (Bedard). My Mom's been wanting some good family pictures done so she's going to take some for us. I know they will turn out great!!

No comments:

Back to TOP