Monday, May 18, 2009

The definition of happiness

I was thinking about this over the weekend. "Happiness is a state of mind or feeling such as contentment, satisfaction, pleasure, or joy." For most people-it's a state they are constantly trying to reach. It's always come so easy to me & I wonder if that's because I get excited about the littlest things in our life. I don't know what it is but I feel very lucky to be happy so often.

This weekend was amazing! Friday night Jenni & I spent together going through the Biggest Loser cookbook looking for good recipes to make. We are planning out a week's meals at a time so it's easy to come home and know what's for dinner & not be tempted to go out to eat. Saturday morning I got up early to meet Amy & the girls at Salon Ultimo in Woodbury where they were preparing for her big day. From then on I was on duty for the wedding. Everything went great & the reception was a lot of fun. I was just excited to put down the camera and relax!

Sunday I got up again (side note: yes, I am aware that I am crazy & push myself hard...but we have vacations to save for!!) and had another session in downtown Stillwater with the nicest couple-Sarah & Brandon. I love them! They recently just moved back from Alaska but both grew up here and I went to junior high & high school with Brandon. They are just the cutest couple and were a ton of fun to be around. I took a peak at some of the pictures I took of them already & they are all so good. It always feels so good to come away knowing I've had a great session, because it's what I love to do & I love when I get results that I know they will love! After the session Jay & I had lunch together and then we spent the day being very lazy (it was much needed!) We watched the Twins game & I read a little & took a nap. When I woke up we ran some errands and spent the afternoon together. It was a really nice day & I really enjoyed my company. I wanted to get some gardening done but I was too tired. Maybe tonight-Mr. Mans got a packed schedule tonight so I have time to get a lot done. I have a lot on my list! I'm definetly watching the bachelorette! I really liked Jillian last season so I hope this season turns out better for her.

No comments:

Back to TOP