I just finished reading Stephenie Myer's first book of the Twilight series...and I thought it was really good. I'm not sure if it's better than Harry Potter, but it was entertaining! I usually don't read fictional books, but I really got into HP so I thought I would give Twilight a try. Plus, I have a 16 year old little sister who loves these kinds of books..so I'm always tempted! Anyways, one of my New Years resolutions for 2009 is to read 25 books this year. It's not a lot, but I'm really busy and I know it is reachable. I will give any book a chance, although I don't like cheesy romance novels...I think they are a waste of time. I think there is something to be said about a book that can inspire change in you. A book with substance like life lessons. One of my favorite books I've ever read was the Kite Runner, because it's such a moving, inspirational story. It was actually an incredibly sad story, but that's real life...not all stories have happy endings!
Last week I finished reading A Million Little Pieces, by James Frey, a book that was supposed to be based on his life story (we've since learned some parts were fabricated). It had really harsh language that I didn't like, but besides that it was an intriguing and moving story about his struggle to free himself from a life of addiction to drugs and alcohol. I thought it was really well written (besides the language!!) and had a lot of life lessons whether you are an addict or not. It's definetly worth a look at. So far this brings my count to 2 this year...and I'm starting a new one tonight!
No comments:
Post a Comment